Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sardine Rolls

- z.

My loaf of multigrain is going to expire tomorrow. I hate not finishing my bread so I decided to have it for lunch today, and since I've never made sardine rolls my whole life, I figured this should be a good chance.

So yeah, easy peasy recipe, inspired by my friend Iqa who makes awesome sardine rolls.

1. Prepare filling: I used
- 1 can sardine (in soya bean oil),
- 1 packet tomato paste,
- 1tsp crushed garlic,
- 1tbsp prawn sambal,
- 1/2 big onion,
- 1 vegetable cubestock.

Thus:
Sardine Roll : Filling

2. Prepare coating: I used 2 eggs & sprinkles of parsley (whisked lightly)
Sardine Roll : Coating

3. Get ready with the weapon and ammo: A rolling pin and sliced bread. Keep rollin' them bread to get 'em as flat you can, yo.
Sardine Roll : Miscellaneous stuff

4. Place the filling (1) inside the flattened bread (3), roll it up tight, and coat it with the egg mixture (2). If the bread keeps unrolling itself, secure with a toothpick as I did. Then, place it in heated oil (light/medium fry) slowly. Repeat till these prepared rolls fill up the pan/wok:
Sardine Roll : Cooking!

5. End result:
Sardine Roll : Done!

This uses about 9 slices of bread, and the quantity of eggs used may be less/more, so if you want to use a whole loaf, use 3 eggs instead.

This is ridiculously filling, possibly because of all that oil XD.

Have fun~

5 comments:

DANS said...

wow, this is by far the best blog i've read on cooking...congrats guys!

suddenly feeling hungry...any suggestions? ^^

Z said...

@ben.

haha buat la quiche. it's very filling :D

Z said...

and thanks for the compliment ;)

comot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
comot said...

waa nampak sedap..btw zaty, i've change my url..just fyi ;)