This is a modified version of the mug choc cake I tried a few years ago (ori recipe here; my 1st, 2nd attempts). I like experimenting... and i like how this turned out, especially if I'm in dire need of a quick chocolatey treat. The result? Half a mug of choc cake -- just enough to satiate those sudden pangs of sweet goodness.
- A microwable mug/bowl
- A tablespoon
- A microwave
- 4 Tb flour
- 1 Tb white sugar
- 1 Tb unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tb nutella
- 1 tsp peanut butter (might use more pb next time)
- 3 Tb water
- 3 Tb coconut oil
- 1 Tb vanilla essence
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa) in the mug/bowl.
- Add wet ingredients (nutella, peanut butter, water, oil, flavoring), mix well
- Place mug in microwave; nuke for 2mins 30secs in a 1000w microwave oven
- Take it out of the microwave, let it settle for a few moments, and dig in!
Best eaten fresh out of the microwave when it's still soft and gooey; if you leave it for a while the cake might harden (it's not that bad, it just gets a bit a bit chunky/flaky after that, and I prefer my cakes soft).
You can also sprinkle some icing sugar at the top or have this with vanilla ice cream if you like, because i've reduced the sugar for this version because of the additions (e.g. choc chips/nutella) :)